Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2017

Duq'qah/Dukkah/Dukah, etc

Recently, I added a new spice blend to my repertoire.  I love it.  Duq'qah is an Egyptian blend, often with ground hazelnuts, and spices, to be used in olive oil as a dip, rub, etc. 

I have been so pleased with this blend.  Mine has ground pumpkin seeds and smoked paprika in the blend and it works in so many ways.  I use it as a dry rub, in marinades, on flatbread with olive oil and a pinch of salt, on popcorn, or corn on the cob.  I tossed it with broccoli, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt, and roasted that in the oven. Spectacular!  I put it on nachos and was delighted.  It goes on and on.

You will find my Duq'qah spice blend, and others,  at St. Norbert's Farmer's Market on Saturday.

Some uses of Duq'qah;





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't forget Hummus! (and yes, sometimes I can actually remember my words, lol!)